It can be hard to compliment people on things here (like their shoes or earrings) because they want to give it to you. This one teacher tried to give Sharon and I her earrings today (one for each of us!). It was very touching, but we convinced her that they were best on her.
The kids got to have popsicles today as their final treat. Unfortunately, right before the popsicles were handed out, the camp director said to make sure the kids say goodbye to sharon and I. I got a lot of sticky hugs and a big wet popsicle kiss on my cheek--grape I think. haha
One of my greatest friends from my days at Eastern, who also lives in York has been having her own adventures in Costa Rica all summer. She will be flying here to Santiago, DR to hang out with my until the end of my time here. I am super excited, and also her spanish is better than mine, so I will let her do the talking and my brain gets a rest :)
These first three pictures show us painting the wall. The girl beside me is Sharon, who lives with me here. The other girl is Kerrenda and she came down to help with camp for 2 weeks.
Now, on to the pictures of cute kids having a blast at camp!
These two are from the youngest class--pre-primario. CUTENESS!
Here the kids are showing off their kangaroo puppets that they made.
The kids are (sort of) patiently waiting for the water games to begin. :)
At YCST it's "Miss! Miss! Miss!" here at Caminito de Jesus it's "Profe Valeria, Profe Valeria!!" Which is pretty much the same thing :)
The two guys in the front are from the oldest class--the 5th graders.
Too cool for words :)
The kiddos praying to start the day at camp.
Alejandro with a water balloon---DANGEROUS :)
Watch out for the Lions!!
Though the kids hated getting sand in their hair, they LOVED the game! They had to pour water from their cup to their neighbors cup without getting up. Of course, everyone got wet and that was pretty much the whole point!













No comments:
Post a Comment